Data Protection Policy
This notice sets out what personal data will be collected as part of this Waverley Park public consultation website, how it will be used, and protected.
What information is being collected?
- Name (optional)
- Age (optional)
- Gender (optional)
- Ethnicity (optional)
- First part of postcode (optional)
- Email (optional)
We use Google Analytics for aggregated, anonymized website traffic analysis, such as what pages you looked at, for how long, and so on. We anonymise your IP address so that it will not be sent to Google. If you would like to access what browsing information we have please contact us using this link. If you would like to block the use of Google Analytics entirely you can install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On. or similar browser extensions such as those provided by DuckDuckGo.
Who is collecting it?
The above personal information will be submitted to Icecream Projects Limited (T/A icecream architecture) as managers of this website. This project is led by Nick Wright Planning.
How is it collected?
We collect and process data when you do the following:
- Leave a comment including your name (optional).
- Enter your personal details in a survey.
All personal data is requested on an optional basis. There is no requirement for you to submit your personal data.
The main aspect of the site that collects data is the survey, collecting responses to survey questions, age, gender, ethnicity, first part of postcode and email. All fields are optional.
To ensure user privacy we separate this data into discrete files upon submission of the form. These are:
- Survey + Demographics: including the responses to the questions and the optional age, gender, ethnicity and disability fields.
- Survey + Contact Details: including the responses to the questions and the optional email.
These files are both timestamped so that we can record when you provided us with your consent to process the data. This is a legal requirement. No attempt will be made by any of the parties described above to correlate the data files.
Why is it being collected, and how will it be used?
- We collect personal contact data - name and email - so that we can contact people regarding their survey responses, when agreed.
- We collect age, gender, ethnicity and postcode data so that we can analyse responses anonymously against known census or population data.
Who will it be shared with?
In order to complete this public consulation the data provided may be shared with Nick Wright Planning.
All of the above parties agree to comply with the usage policies and principles outlined in this document.
Personal data will not be shared with anyone else without your consent.
What is the legal basis for us processing your data?
If you provide us with your personal data, we collect it and process it on the basis that you have provided your explicit consent using a checkbox on the survey form. This checkbox is not auto-filled and you are unable to submit the form if you do not explicity provide your consent.
You can revoke your consent at any time by contacting us here.
We will only keep any personal data that you provide to us for as long as necessary to complete the project. We will securely delete information when it is no longer needed for that purpose.
We will store all data within our secure servers for a maximum of 1 year - commencing the 15th of February 2021 - after which time it will be deleted.
Identity and contact details of any data controllers
The main data controller for
Sarah Frood (Director), email@example.com 0141 237 8592
Details of transfers to third country and safeguards
The personal data provided will be securely stored on our company file systems. We have procedures in place that minimise unauthorised access or disclosure of your information.
Your data protection rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every person is entitled to the following:
- The right to access: You have the right to request icecream architecture for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to request that icecream architecture correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request icecream architecture complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to request that icecream architecture erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that icecream architecture restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to icecream architecture’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to request that icecream architecture transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Information Commissioner’s Office
The ICO is the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights.
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland, 45 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7HL
Telephone: 0303 123 1115 Email: Scotland@ico.org.uk